ccording to Gartner Inc.’s supply chain research director, Matthew Davis, electronic data interchange (EDI) software− long-since established as an invaluable tool for manufacturers to escape the tyranny of paper-based supply chain communication− is evolving beyond automation to also improve data capture, moving manufacturers closer to real-time supply chain visibility, and opening up new possibilities for process improvements within supply chain management (SCM).
Read this expert e-guide to learn how today’s manufacturers can maximize their use of EDI to improve SCM efficiency. Explore useful information on:
- How consumer products companies are leveraging downstream, retail channel data collected by EDI
- If extensible markup language (XML) is an ‘EDI killer’
- What you need to know about benchmarks from vendors like Ariba
- How to determine which of the four main format standards you should use
- Analyst-recommended criteria you should use to select a deployment option and choose from amongst the four main EDI varieties: servers, value-added networks (VANs), translation software, and import-export programs within the enterprise system
- And more..