This exclusive survey of over 600 European IT professionals reveals organisations’ spending plans for Data Centre equipment and virtualisation.
This report by Computer Weekly and Techtarget, assesses organisations plans for buying servers (enterprise, blade), integrated and converged infrastructure, virtualization technology, storage, systems management technology, and open source software, including Linux.
The report also takes an in-depth look at organisation’s plans for cloud technology, including their motivations for investing in private cloud, public cloud, and their choice of supplier.
And it assess biggest factors considered by organisations’ in their choice of supplier, the features they look for, and the greatest challenges they face.
- HP Continues dominance in Europe – 70% of Data Centres use HP Products
- Hardware Performance is less important than product reliability
- Virtualisation, driven by consolidation is still driving hardware purchas
- Energy efficiency is a major decision facto
- Converged infrastructure hardware gaining traction
- Hyper-V consideration is very strong (30%) – driven by price
- Private Cloud is driven by better perceived amortization / utilization rates and fear of outsourcing
- Microsoft showing particular strength for private, public, and hybrid (Azure) cloud
- There is a gap in virtualization management: Europe is behind in adoption
Click on the button below to download this exclusive report